For individual investors, property owners, and businesses in the commercial or residential development industries, The Parker Group has a lot of value to offer. We provide a significant variety of consulting services for people seeking to develop their portfolios.
There’s nothing we do better — or enjoy more — than urban infill projects. That is to say, we love to see unused urban space intelligently redesigned to be more profitable and more functional within the community. Adaptive re-use is one of our mantras; if there’s a way we can make some part of the urban core profitable for a client, we’ll jump at the opportunity. We also do plenty of work in the outlying areas, but our true passion is seeing wasted urban space put to proper use again.
There is no part of the development consulting process The Parker Group does not touch on. We go far beyond the mere buyer/seller realtor business; we get into the details of what is possible and what would be best for you. Some of the services we offer include:
The Parker Group can assist developers with:
- Site investigations.
- Due diligence reviews.
- Meetings with county planning and/or utilities to discuss zoning, parking, and other related issues.
- Meetings with the DOT to discuss entrances, sight distances, and similar issues.
- Site layouts to maximize development potential.
- Research into utility-related issues.
- Preparation of a preliminary budget for site development and a project schedule.
- Boundary and topographic surveys.
- Many other related tasks and processes.
Before construction can begin on a project but after the site has been purchased, there are a number of detailed steps that must be taken carefully, because a number of legal matters ride on their correct execution. At The Parker Group, we can help you with:
- Locating the right architect and negotiating for a good price on building plans.
- Coordinating with a civil engineer to finalize the site plan.
- Preparing and turning in county permits.
- Navigating the process of obtaining approval for the site plan.
- Determining which site contracts and general contracts are worth bidding for.
- Bidding and negotiating for site work and construction.
- Much more!
Naturally, making sure that a site is developed properly is of critical importance; a mistake here can negatively impact your ROI or even sink the entire project. We will aid you in:
- Ensuring proper coordination between the civil engineer, the site and building contractors.
- Hiring a third-party testing firm (if necessary).
- Performing site visits each week to review scheduling and performance.
- Reviewing contractor requisitions and invoices each month.
Once the development is completed, it’s back to the legal details. We will stay by your side to help with the final details, such as:
- Providing an initial punchlist for each subcontractor.
- Establishing a final punchlist.
- Monitoring the scheduled completion of the punchlist.
- Completing close-out documentation, e.g. O&M manuals and as-built plans.
- Obtaining a warranty.
- Any other finalization details that need to be attended to.
If you have a goal for a property, a transaction, or your portfolio as a whole, allow The Parker Group to consult with you on the best way to reach that goal. With our help, your ROI will improve, your portfolio will strengthen, and your bottom line will grow.